Saturday 11 June 2016

N.O

A good house, a good car, will these things bring happiness?
Will parents really be happy?

Dreams disappeared, there was no time to rest
It’s a cycle of school, home or an Internet cafe
Everyone lives the same life
Students who are pressured to be number one live in between dreams and reality

Who is the one who made us into studying machines?
They classify us to either being number one or dropping out
They trap us in borders, the adults
There’s no choice but to consent
Even if we think simply, it’s the survival of the fittest
Who do you think is the one who makes us step on even our close friends to climb up? What?

Adults tell me that hardships are only momentary
To endure a little more, to do it later

Everybody say NO!
It can’t be any later
Don’t be trapped in someone else’s dream
It has to be now or never
We still haven’t done anything

I want to play and eat, I want to tear my uniform
Make money, good money, but they already view me crookedly
My obscure bank account, my unhappiness is past its limit
A factory of sighs while studying, a continuous cycle

The grown-ups confess that we have it so easy
They say that we are happier than our portion
Then how do you explain my unhappiness?
There’s no conversation topics beside studying
Outside, there are so many kids like me, living the life of a puppet
Who will take responsibility?



It was one of the best lyrics for one of my favourite song. 
As a student back then when I was in primary and secondary school, I never feel study as a burden. 
I enjoyed learning. And I enjoyed being in school. 
Maybe, during my high school, I feel a bit pressure from studying due to the competition with my batchmates, to be the top, to get GPA 4.0
But still, I loved school. 

But today, I am a teacher. 
And I realized that my students do not have the passion as I was before. 
They sometimes hate school, they hate homeworks, they feel bored in class. 
The only thing that make them keep on coming to school is to play around with their friends. 
So when something bad happened with their friend, like one of student moved to other school because she had problem with one of her classmate. 
I mean, what? 

Who is the one who made us into studying machines?
Who do you think is the one who makes us step on even our close friends to climb up?
Who will take responsibility?

They come to school because their parents want to. 
And bangtan expressed that feelings into this song, one of their early songs back then in 2013. 

I went to a workshop before, some of the things the speaker said that caught me off guard were,
"We not build a generation, we are making robots"
"Teach them the language, not just because the exam is coming"

21st century learning, so much researches are going on right now
To find the solutions on how to teach the newer generations. 
As a newbie teacher, I am making a lot of mistakes. 
I am still learning and have a long way to go. 
For me, at the time being, is to fix the student's attitude towards the knowledge instead. 
They don't have the urge to appreciate what has been taught to them. 
Everything seems boring and dull. 
Why should they learn at school when they can find the knowledge from internet?
While we adults try to enforce them to sit still and learn. 

More fun activities, more student centred learning, sitting arrangement, class decorations, this that those these~~

We.are.human. 
Students, teachers, parents. 
Learn to appreciate the knowledge, the people who teaches. 

Learning is a long-life journey and it is not limited to school. 
As real life lessons are much long lasting. 
And above all, appreciate the knowledge that God had descended upon us. 

Holy Quran Chapter 96 verses 1-5
  1. Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists),
  2. Has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood).
  3. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous,
  4. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen,
  5. Has taught man that which he knew not.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. You are really good in expressing what you're thinking, I really understand what are you saying, its a good type of writing 'cause its really beautiful. I start to reflect myself while reading this, thumbs up! And while reading this I appreciate so much this song of bangtan. Keep it up! 😊


    @pache_jenney

    ReplyDelete