Friday 2 December 2016

Letter from an ARMY

"stanning bts is the most fulfilling, satisfying, rewarding experience.. theyve seriously given me the happiest moment in my life" -vminissi

Disclaimer: This is my letter. Only my opinion. Not all armys.

I am one year army. Although i've been into kpop since 8 or 9 years ago, I never become part in any fandom. I just love kpop musics as general. They've been accompanying me whenever i need to study. Because i didn't care bout the lyrics nor i understand them.
I just listen and do my work. And i'd be mad if there's kpop song playing when i want to sleep. Cause for me, kpop is for me to stay up. That's all.

But later, as I grew up...I realized some songs contain explicit content. Not good to my belief as a muslim. So I started to read lyrics translation each time I like a song.

In 2010, I came across exo. In fact, i was stanning them since they debuted. I love MAMA, the lyrics were nice though i dun remember it well now.
And later they became famous with growl. The song was so catchy and i even learned the dance.
I love their XOXO album the most though i didn't buy it. I never buy any kpop merchs until bts.
When exoM members were out one after another and their title songs were keep repeating the same topic of a boy crazily in love with a girl, i backed off a bit.
But I still listen to their songs for each comebacks.

End of 2015, I met BTS.
Their songs in HYYH pt 2 hit me hard. So relatable, they spoke their mind and mine too in their songs. Reading lyrics translation is never be the same. So full of emotions. And stories. Youth and life.
As namjoon said, he made the songs about struggles so people who listen will not struggle as much.
I never fall in love this hard. If before i might stan a group because specifically there's someone i like (into my likings) in the group.
But BTS, i love them all. Even i have bias and all, i still love them as BTS.

I made a twitter acc and joined the fandom.
Along the way, i've been thinking of backing off as well. It was a rollercoaster emotional ride to be in this fandom.
There are immature fans, rude fans make me questioned myself why I'm in this at the first place.
But then I met so many others beautiful souls of armys around the world.
Who love the boys as much, and love to share the happiness with other armys.
Who share encouraging words here and then.

At first all i did was following ppl for giveaways. But now i hold giveaways myself and met nice people along the way.
I managed to buy albums for myself and want to share more with others as well.
Especially those malaysian armys that honestly i feel like meeting old friends.
Even mostly or i would say all of my mutuals except maybe 1 are younger than me, i feel loved.
To be able to support them as well and share my life experiences is an honor.

Now whenever i see those fanwars, I back off immediately. I don't want to spread hate.
Someone posted saying her friend told her why she hates army is because most armys are stanning BTS only.
So what's wrong with that?
Like I do listen to other songs as well but stanning one is enough.
Enough for my emotions and money, I can't never be like those multifandom fans.
I'm barely survive with BTS haha

By stanning means I'm going to support my boys as much as I can without dragging others down..
Every idols work so hard to achieve whatever achievement they deserved
So move on.
U support yours, i support mine
Why hate when we can always spread love :)

Sincerely,
An ARMY





2 comments:

  1. First of all congratulations to BTS for winning two awards at MAMA. They deserved it. Their hard work has paid off. Watching Suga cry, i couldnt stop crying too, he is so good at hiding his emotions but even he couldnt help himself. As an army i am proud of them. I started my kpop journey after knowing SNSD. My first boy group was BIGBANG. Then i came to know about 2PM EXO, but i never fell so much in love as i did for BTS. I never considered myself part of any fandom until i knew bts. I love other groups listen to their songs, but after meeting bts i felt proud in calling myself army. i am so proud of our fandom, there are always some immature fans but most of us are big hearted, open minded and loving. I too think what makes bts different is their own music, they talk about real life relatable problems that most of us are facing. Their song Run is so relatable to me. I hope and wish they will keep producing good music like this. Maybe at some point of time i will become too busy with my life and wont be able to keep track, but i will always have these memories that they have given me, the lessons and the warm feeling of being a part of something big, something important. I will stay Young Forever with BTS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, ahm, I'm not doing this for the sake of ur GA (promise) but I just want ti share my thought.

    We are the same I'm just new in the fandom June 2017 will mark as my 1st year as being an ARMY (but I'm a KPOP fan since 2013)
    I just want to say that, thank you for speaking like this as an ARMY. I'm so touched and warmed by your words, I also think the same as you do, back when I'm still a normal fan unaware of BTS lyrics are not important just the dance, members and MV but after meeting BTS I started to appreciate evrything especially the lyrics and the message of the song. It became important for me to know the meaning because that whats BTS makes you do, appreciate everything and I swear nothing will ever be ignored. They made me love music in general, and I seriously thank them for that. And like what you've said their are a lot of ARMY with beautiful souls and meeting you and reading this prived that. So thank you for sharing this letter to us, I am proud that we are in the same fandom :)

    PS:
    And its good not to get involved w/ the fanwars, lets just focus on our boys, lets not help those lost souls to spread hate instead lets al be calm and mature so we can fight them off by spreading love and respect. :)

    ReplyDelete