Wednesday 17 August 2016

The Last

I don't even know my own self, so who can know me? -AgustD

That one verse speaks up my feelings.
With things that I can't explain myself while others were expecting me to tell the truth.

16.08.16
The day Suga dropped his mixtape.
Armys were dying to the fire he lits up.
For me, that day was one year anniversary of my broken engagement.
I was engaged on that date one year ago.
He later broke the engagement on december due to his disease that no one knows but his close family and me.
He just knew about the disease and chose to break the engagement.
I understood his reason and i respected him for that.
I cannot imagine myself of marrying him either.
He told me bout the disease, no he didnt, his sister told me on early december.
But he kept me hanging for couple weeks until his family came and returned the ring.

During that few weeks, i was devastated to be honest.
I can't even tell my family why he decided to break up.
My family blamed him for being disrespectful and irresponsible.
The marriage should be taken in two months, I already booked the catering, done marriage course as well as hiv test, i almost print the wedding invitation cards.

Still, i don't blame him.
I don't really know him, we met through my mom's friend.
So i dun have heart broken feelings like he was my soulmate we should get married yada yada...
But i was sad for some reasons. And devastated, really.
Marriage seemed like a very sensitive issue for me.
And i started to build up walls around me.
Into my freaking obsession on kpop.
Kpop was not new to me, i've been kpop fan since 2008, i watched so many kdrama i cant decide which one is the best, i stan so many groups with different bias each time.
But then this time, the wall i built is so much thicker.
I fall into a deeper pit called fandom.

I get to know BTS during i need u era.
But their short pants were not into my likings and their earlier songs were too noisy for me at that time.
But later during that few weeks of denial state, BTS was promoting RUN and Butterfly.
The songs were directly shot into my heart.
To be honest i was trying to RUN away and i wish i could jusy dissapear like a Butterfly.
I can't remember how i started making twitter account specifically for BTS.
I started to follow other bts fans, get to know about army, watched all previous mvs, bangtan bombs, variety shows, performance stages.
My whole december (it was school holidays so i had a lot of free time) was filled with bts.
Bts bts bts.
My sisters (who also kpop fans) thought i was acting so weird.
Like too obsessed.
Bts was the only thing i talked about.
And the wall was getting taller, thicker.
Like i dun care what u want to say bout it, bts is my babies so if u want to talk bad about me fangirling over them just get off me.
Seriously, even me, i scared of my own self.

I don't even know my own self, so who can know me?

After he broke the engagement, my mom was desperately trying to find a new man for me so i can still get married as planned before.
Seeing her like that make me even devastated.
Why mom? Can i live being single a bit more...
I became passive.
Everytime she or anyone else wanted to introduce me with someone, i acted like i dun care.
I was scared.
With guys that i dun even know their existance and suddenly they want me to get know each other to lead for marriage.
No..not yet.
I'm not ready for this again.

One, two, three...
One after another the matchmaking sessions didn't turn out well.
Like God was trying to say to me, 'u r not ready for this, it is not ur time to get married yet.'

Later my mom got sick.
She need to be hospitalized for few times.
And i am taking care of her now.
Allah knows best.
It is my time to pay my duty as her child.
I've been spending 5 years in boarding schools and another 6 years in college and university abroad.
Leaving her after all those years to get married to someone i barely know...Allah stopped me there.
Now is my time to spend with her.
Although most of the time she still talk about marry me off before she dies, i keep telling, "dun worry mom, u will be okay and i'll be just fine"

"Sooner or later when my time comes then i'll get married. Until then, let me be ur faithful daughter no matter how bad i am..."

For The Last time before my youth fades away, let me enjoy my most beautiful moments with her, with my family...😘

***

So then u asked, what disease that he had?

a word said like Habit, oh, I don't giVe a ----, i don't give a ----
those words are all words i use to hide my weak self
that time i want to erase, that's right, the memories i want to erase of that day i had that "concert"
i was afraid of people, so i hid in the bathroom and stared at myself
-AgustD, The Last

(The concert where my mom was venting her anger towards his family while his mother was crying in agony and i dun even see his face for the last time - the day he broke our engagement officially)

9 comments:

  1. I cried reading this blog. 😭 Can i call you unnie? You've been through a lot. I'm glad you found bangtan to lessen your sadness. I am a fresh college grad, and preparing to take an exam for License. I took a pre-med course because my parents want it too. It is so hard. I'm always crying at night because it was so hard. It might be sound cliche, but when I heard about bangtan last 2014 when they had a concert here in our country, I started stalking them. I watched them everytime I had a time. Until i found myself being BANGTANED.. They became my inspiration. It was like, "I have to passed this exam, so I can watch them later." That kind of motivation. And it works 😌 I saved money to buy a ticket for their concert. It is not so close but not far either. I was crying at the whole time. I can't believe that they're real. That moment was so magical. I promise to do well on my board exams so I can provide my fangirling needs. 😬 You can do it unnie. Fighting! ❣❣

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been through a lot in your life. It's nice to know that BTS has helped people to lessen your sadness. I don't have that much of a story to tell. I'm a grade 8 student who is constantly told to study to become the best in whatever I do. Study, study and study. That's all I do all day. The small amount of time that I get for resting is spent on BTS. BTS is my life, I simply can't live without them. I am scolded constantly, even grounded for being online listening to music. I study, and study so much that I get sick, just to make sure that I can listen to them later. Watching them makes me feel what they might have been feeling. I will probably never meet them, as they'll never come to my country. But I'll keep supporting them, because they are the support I keeps my life going. Stay healthy and be happy. Fighting!
    Let's be friends. My twitter is @MikiRanSu206

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck in ur study nevertheless. I loved my school days and now being a teacher i still love school. No matter what ur dreams are, jz keep doing what ur doing now the best u can. May God shines u the way of what best for u 😘

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this! :) Hope to win. :D
    Twitter ID: 409735296

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i just read this one, omg baby
    you've been through a lot and im glad that you're never giving up.

    being an army is really hard, mentally and physically.
    for me, BTS helped me a lot, to deal with judgements, loneliness, failures. and I'm glad that BTS did the same things to you.

    we're not weird, loving people who helped us to deal with life is not weird.

    i love you, and please remember that.

    you're creative, an independent young lady, brave, cheerful , smart and you're on of a kind.

    goodluck with your study, and everything.

    we love you,
    @taniasnowant

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly beautiful how you are able to write such inspiring posts despite all that you've been through. Hands up in salute for you are such a strong woman. I agree with Suga (Agust D)'s line. No one else would know who we are, our identity as a person if we ourselves aren't sure. The boys have also helped me overcome some challenges and It's inspiring how they have helped you dearly. Never give up, life is truly hard but to live it with great optimistic people like you and the boys would make like easier and more beautiful. Stay strong and hope you continue to write more inspiring posts! (twitter: @arrisistible)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I think that's this is really hard for you. All things has a reason to be there or to go throught it. God has many plans for you and us so maybe that's why you been through this. Just believe and never lose hope. Don't anyone bring you down because they can't control you and your life because it's yours and not theirs. Always work hard to accomplish your goals. Bangtan Sonyeondan, Your Family, Your co-Armys and God is always here with you. If you have problems in your life just call us and we'll be there to help you. We'll always be there. We'll motivate and love you all the way. I know that some challenges in life must be really hard but just think that maybe there's something good behind that. Always just move forward and you can do it. But if you fail on things, there's a lesson behind that. We can all do this together. Good luck on your life. Fighting! ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is @LsBlackHeart (honestly before I came to your blog my intention is only for the GA you are doing but after reading this, gosh, I feel like I will read all of your blogs)

    Well critically speaking, for a first time blogger (if this is your first time) I can say that you're really good. The way how you deliver the story got the right flow, you know what to add or how to cut the story so it will have the right feels. Just please use proper capitalization (example: I, name of person, place,etc)

    And as a reader, gosh! That's a pretty heavy story and if I were the one to be in that situation maybe I'll go crazy.

    But I agree on what you say at the last part, on how you wanted to just be the daughter to your mom and enjoy your youth. That really hits my heart. No matter what circumstances we are in, we can't hide the fact that we are still young and still needyo explore more bfore being seriously commited.

    All in all your blog is 9/10 ����

    ReplyDelete
  8. i alr write so long but accidentaly got back to the previous page😭 okay i'll re-write:')

    Im sorry for ur broken engagement:(( um may i ask how old you are? cz ur mom kept telling u to get married.. i thought u were 3 or 4years older than me cz ur body is so smol (ive seen ur photos from ur blog, dont get me wrong like stalker or etc;_;) i really love the part when Allah seems to be telling ur mom that ure not ready to get married. I was like "yea Allah knows what's best for us". And ure such a great daughter, taking care of ur mom (well ofc we must take care of our parents duh what am i sayin'). Ive felt that too, obsessed over bts HAHA believe it or not. And i was trying so hard to focus on studying so.. u know the struggle rite?;_; last but not least, this post is more like a 'diary'thing. im not going to judge , i wanna say; keep doing it. i mean if u have anything to say just let it out here. well it doesnt have to be here, its better if u tell ur mom or anyone u trust so much and for so long, but! u MUST let it out. its bad for u if u keep it in urself:( so just do it when ure feeling down!!~ im @plaaa_ on twt😋😂😂

    ReplyDelete